Dear Professional Colleagues,
Greetings of the Day!
November was the month of sparkle as the festival of lights "Diwali" was celebrated across the world with great fervor and enthusiasm and secondly the grand Event of the year -The Largest Convention of Global Accountants -GloPAC 2023 was hosted on 24th-26th November, 2023 on the theme "Connecting the Globe, Creating Value" at the Mahatma Mandir Convention Centre in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. Ahmedabad Branch was the host to this conference and we are glad the President CA Aniket Talati gave us this opportunity to host 4400+ delegates. The Branch was all geared up and making last minute preparations before and post Diwali to make sure that Glopac is a grand success and yes it was a grand success and highly appreciated among professional fraternity.
In the spirit of global collaboration, ICAI embarked a historic journey with first-ever GloPAC event, a testament to the commitment to excellence in the accounting profession. The convention hosted more than 4000 Delegates from over 25 countries for three days with 30+ Insightful Sessions. The inaugural ceremony of GloPAC was graced by Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar, Hon’ble Vice-President of India as the Chief Guest and CA. Piyush Goyal, Hon’ble Minister of Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution and Textiles, Government of India in august presence of Ms. Anuradha Thakur, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India, Mr. K Rajaraman, Chairperson, International Financial Services Centres Authority and Shri Tapan Ray, MD and CEO, GIFT Co. Ltd. This 3 days witnessed journey of growth, connections and inspiration for all CAs. We are Grateful to the vision of our President Aniket Talati and Vice President Ranjeet Kumar Agarwal for orchestrating this grand event and strengthening India’s position on global stage.
We were glad to meet CA Anil Singhvi, Managing Editor, Zee business, CA Nilesh Shah,Group President and MD, Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Co ltd who says that Trust in urself, trust in ur country and invest in the share market, Ms Anuradha Thakur, IAS, Additional Secretary at MCA, Ms. Asmaa Resmouki, President, IFAC, Manoj Mustasir, Indian lyricist and poet and all foreign delegates-UK, Oman, Muscat, Dubai and other 23 countries and Indian CAs along with mesmerizing Musical evening with SHAAN.
I was Glad to Felicitate the speakers in the session on Emerging Avenues -Unlocking the Value: The World of Business Valuation with Speakers -Rajeev R Shah, CA Parag Vijaykant Kulkarni, Sujal Shah and Darshan Raval and the icing on the cake was the honour bestowed upon me by President Aniket Talati and Vice President Ranjeet Kumar Agarwal for the felicitation as a chairperson.
Other Major Highlights of November month
- Informative Seminar on improving collections, avoiding defaults, and reducing credit risk by two distinguished speakers, Winny Patro, Co-Founder & CEO, Recordent and Harish Mamtani, Founder, Recordent who shared their valuable insights and expertise on these crucial aspects of financial management.
- One Day Conference on Financial Reporting Practices organized by the Financial Reporting Review Board (FRRB), ICAI and hosted by the Ahmedabad Branch of WIRC of ICAI with speakers CA Shreyans Ravlani, CA Kaushik Patel, CA Hardik Sutaria, CA Anil Bothra and CA Mayur Padhya for topics like Overview of FRRB and its activities, Commonly found non compliances of Ind AS, CARO 2016, Schedule II & III, Companies Act, 2013 and Panel Discussion on Financial Reporting, Common Issues and Expectations of Stakeholders as well as commonly found Non compliance of AS. Special mention to CA Chintan Patel for designing and structuring this knowledgeable conference
- We hosted Convocation for more than 800 CAs at Sardar Patel Smarak Hall along with the parents on 04th November, 2023. President CA Aniket Talati, Vice President CA. Ranjeet Kumar Agarwal , Guest of Honour -Honorable VC, NFSU Shri J M Vyas along with CCM CA Purushottam Khandelwal and CCM CA Vishal Doshi. We all welcomed young CAs with their parents with key takeaways and professional opportunities ahead.
- Pre Diwali Team -The Diwali celebration at ICAI-Ahd was more than just an event; it was a testament to the close-knit community that makes up the ICAI, Ahmedabad family. Through games, food, and the joyous atmosphere, the celebration brought together colleagues and their families, creating lasting memories and reinforcing the bonds that make ICAI, Ahmedabad vibrant & harmonious workplace. The Branch Building was also decorated with halogen lights.
- Diwali Get-Together on 29th November on the banks of River Sabarmati was truly another finest event of the year. More than 1200 CAs greet each other and enjoyed sumptuous food, decor, drum circle, kids activities, Selfie points and crackers in this beautiful weather.
The month of December promises to be a very enriching month with lots of sessions and activities planned.
- Two Days National Women Conference on 2nd & 3rd December at Crowne Plaza, S.G.Highway, Ahmedabad.
- Half Day Workshop on ESG, Social Audit and Social Stock Exchange.
- Certificate Course on Ind AS, physical batch starting from 16th December, 2023.
- The Grand Hawk-Eye Event, Golden Jubilee Cup on 16th Dec, 2023.
- National CPE Conference on 21st & 22nd December,2023
- International Students Conference on 29th-30th December, 2023.
We would urge you to stay connected, follow all SM handles of ICAI Ahmedabad, ICAI mobile application and what sup community and continue to provide your unstinting support to all the endeavors of the Branch.
With Best Regards,
CA. (Dr.) Anjali Choksi
Ahmedabad Branch of WIRC of ICAI